COVID-19 Protocol & Plan of Action for CP Kids
Connecting Pointe Church is closely following the recommendations and mandates of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Before attending any Connecting Pointe Kids services, please read the following information. This will greatly help us as we navigate reassembling our CP Kids services.
Prior to attending any Connecting Pointe Church service, please review the following screening questions.
Do you have one of the following?
- Fever of over 100.4
- Onset of shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New onset of dry cough
- New onset of loss of taste or smell
Do you have 2+ of the following?
- Chills longer than two hours
- Congestion and/or runny nose
- Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Sore throat
- Muscle Pain
Have you had contact with Covid-19?
- Have you had close contact with someone positive for COVID-19?
- Contact longer than 15 minutes within 6 feet without a face covering or residing with someone who is positive
Have you been directed to self-isolate?
- Have you been directed to self-isolate due to a positive COVID-19 result or for having contact with someone with COVID-19?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions, we ask that you worship from home.
Check-in and Check-out proceedures
- Check-In will begin 15 minutes prior to the start of service.
- Families waiting to check-in will be asked to practice physical distancing, remaining 6 feet apart.
- Children are welcome to participate as long as their temperature is under 100.4 degrees.
- If a child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they will be asked to worship from home.
- Once a child has checked in, they must sanitize their hands prior to entering their classroom.
- For first-time families and younger children who may be having a hard time with drop off, one parent will be allowed to enter child’s classroom.
- Check-out will look similar to a typical Sunday morning. We ask that while families are waiting to pick up their children, they maintain physical distancing, remaining 6 feet apart.
- All CP Kids volunteers will be asked to self-screen before serving each week.
- If a volunteer has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they will not be allowed to serve and will be asked to worship from home.
- Once a volunteer has arrived and checked in, they must sanitize their hands.
- Masks are required for all CP Kids volunteers.
- We will be asking volunteers to sanitize surfaces in the classrooms often.
During all church services, masks are required for anyone 5 years and older. If your child falls into this category, please bring a mask for them to wear. We will also have masks available at check-in if you need one.
Kids will be directed to physical distance as much as possible. While practicing social distancing, children will be allowed to un-mask.
If your child has had any of these symptoms in the last 72 hours, please keep them home.
- Fever – child needs to be fever free for at least 72 hours without medication
- Muscle Aches
- Generally, not feeling well